Tyler Patrick, is the best PT I have ever found. He uses a whole body approach in treating my lower back and hip problems and it has helped me tremendously. You can tell he genuinely loves his work and it shows. Sam, has the front office and scheduling down to a t!
My back feels great. I feel better then I did before my injury. The facility is very clean, and their equipment is in very good condition. I enjoy my experience at Therapydia.
I can’t believe I put off coming to PT for so long the little exercises and movements that I should’ve done before that I am doing now are making a huge impact on me every day. I am forever grateful for Jamie! Best physical therapist everrrrrr!!!
Get To The Root of Your Back Pain
Back pain is one of the most common conditions we treat. While back pain is fairly common, the symptoms and severity of lower back pain can vary greatly making each patient’s treatment plan unique. Depending on your condition, your back pain may go away after a couple of days, but if your back pain continues for a longer period of time or is a recurring issue, you may need to see physical therapist to find relief for your back pain. At Therapydia, we don’t just give our patients exercises, but we utilize hands-on, manual therapy techniques that places pressure on your back muscles and joints to decrease back pain caused by muscle spasm, muscle tension, and joint dysfunction.
Signs & Symptoms
- Your back is a network of spinal muscles, nerves, bones, discs and tendons in the lumbar spine. Common causes of back pain include heavy lifting or sudden awkward movement that strains back muscles and spinal ligaments, sciatic nerve and piriformis muscle irritation or pinching usually by a herniated disc or abnormal spinal curvature.
- You may be experiencing the following symptoms
- Tightness in area between ribs and legs
- Shooting or stabbing pain across low back
- Limited range of motion and flexibility
- Physical therapists can assess movement patterns to determine if the trigger point is the source of back pain symptoms and correct any movement dysfunction that they find.
- Joint mobilization, manual therapy, and myofascial release are common techniques to release or inhibit an active trigger point.
- Core stabilization exercises in conjunction with lumbar range of motion are also effective at reducing back pain symptoms.
- Postural education to reduce pressure on back muscles and alleviate pain back.</li
About Therapydia Kona
Better Physical Therapy Experience
At Therapydia Kona, our physical therapists offer one-on-one, hands-on back treatment. You’ll spend your entire with one of our expert therapists – we won’t hand you off to a PT assistant or aide. We’ll help you understand what’s causing your pain, what you can do to relieve your pain and ways to prevent reoccurring injuries. Best of all, you’re covered. Therapydia works with and provides billing for most PPO insurance groups and Medicare. We also accept cash-based payments.
- Lifetime Wellness
- Quality Treatment
Tyler Patrick, PT, DPT, OCS, ATC, CSCS
and Physical Therapist
Stephanie Colasanti, PT, DPT