Car Accident Pain & Whiplash Treatment
20-50 million people are injured or disabled due to car accidents each year. Car accidents can be extremely stressful, burdensome and financially costly. Most people who have been in a car crash don’t feel symptoms like pain or mobility problems until days or even weeks after the accident. For this reason, it’s extremely important to receive immediate medical treatment following a traffic collision. Common injuries after a car accident include whiplash, headaches, back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, and knee pain.
At Therapydia, we offer same and next day appointments for anyone who has been in a car accident.
Whiplash Pain Treatment
Whiplash is the most reported injury after a car accident. With this type of neck pain, there are multiple variables involved that can contribute to the severity, recovery, and overall impact on your life.
Common symptoms after a car accident may include:
- Stiffness to neck, arms, upper back, and even the face
- Numbness into arms, neck and upper back
- Headache, dizziness, nausea
- Generalized weakness but more with head and neck
- Altered sleeping habits and patterns
- Difficulty with concentration
Choose Physical Therapy For Car Accident Injuries
At Therapydia Kona, a physical therapist will work with you one-on-one to conduct a comprehensive head-to-toe analysis with the goal of developing a custom treatment program specific to your condition and individual needs. The goal of physical therapy is to help you repair and strengthen damaged muscles and tissues. In more severe neurological cases, a physical therapist can help you relearn everyday activities such as brushing your teeth or opening a door. Your custom car accident treatment program may also include:
- Manual therapy techniques to reduce inflammation and promote tissue healing
- Specific corrective exercises to address neck dysfunction and weakness
- Joint mobilization to restore neck and spine movement
- Postural training to reduce neck, back and shoulder injury
See a physical therapist today to identify early warning signs of whiplash or car accident-related injuries to improve outcomes and prevent chronic issues.
Request an Appointment
“I was referred to Therapydia Kona after being involved in a car accident. I received excellent care! Therapydia’s staff are friendly, professional and have outstanding customer service! I really appreciated the appointment reminders via text message! Therapydia Kona exceeded my expectations!”